Click here for the COSLA Guidance Document published in 2006 giving advice to Scottish local authorities regarding the legal and management duties and strategies for allotments.
Links to allotment strategy policy documents produced by Scottish LA's :
- Falkirk Council consultative strategy covering all greenspace. Growing spaces are mainly treated on pages 19 and 20.
- Aberdeen City Council Allotments Management Policy and Action Plan this plan is still a draft and open to comments
- Dumfries and Galloway draft allotment strategy published for approval by the council in June 2010. This document was still to go for consultation
- Dundee Council consultation document as yet no date or deadline has been notified about allotment provision in the city.
- Edinburgh City Council strategy documentincluding a model policy for bee keeping for 2010-2015 and appendices excellent historical account here to the original strategy document.
- Fife Council Allotment Strategy to run from 2009 to 2014
- Glasgow City Council Allotment Strategy to run from 2009 to 2013
- Highland Council Final strategy document approved December 2009.
- South Lanarkshire Council Allotment Strategy to be implemented over the next two years.